This year’s edition of Publishing Trends’ annually updated contact sheet of freelance book publicists includes 56 firms and individuals specializing in a wide range of genres and approaches. We’ve added 13 new companies (Buxus PR, Franklin Public Relations, The Hendra Agency, JSA Kids Marketing, Lorna Garano, McCartin / Daniels PR, Rare Bird Lit, VM / PR, Richards Public Relations, Sarah Russo Public Relations, Whitney Peeling Public Relations, Wiley Saichek, Marketing and Publicity Consultant, and Your Expert Nation) and removed the following 5 companies (AuthorBuzz, Authors on the Web, Deborah Sloan & Company, and Social Media PR Solutions, and Sonnet Media).
The majority of the freelance publicists listed use both traditional and digital approaches (this year even more so than in years past), plus 3 digital-only publicists who specialize in various aspects of online and social marketing and publicity. Each firm chooses a few specialties to list here; to download a PDF of the whole sheet, click below.
* Updated 11/14/2013 to include Kaye Publicity, Meghan Phillips Public Relations, and Parsont Publicity Group
* Updated 11/12/2013 to include Barclay Publicity
* Updated 1/10/2014 to include Peppersoup Media
* Updated 1/23/2014 to include Kathryn Hall
* Updated 3/4/2014 to include Ein Communications
* Updated 4/7/2014 to include Jennifer Prost Public Relations